Invitation to MOTUMeeting this Thursday!

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Tue Dec 13 22:29:55 GMT 2005

Hello Multimedia Software Lovers,

We want to discuss our plans for multimedia support in the ubuntu
dapper release. We need to talk about what we want to achieve in
Dapper, which part we can support in main and how to proceed with the
multimedia packages in universe and multiverse.

The current Agenda is:

    * artwork for mplayer-skins: The current artwork are 2 skins. We
    want more and more beautiful skins for mplayer. Please help us
    finding skins which are properly licensed.

    * Multimedia Testplan: We need to collect sample content, decide
    one the actual procedure of testing and everything else which needs
    to be discussed about this to improve multimedia support in dapper
    and prevent any regressions. Feel free to add your suggestions to
    the wikipage [1]

    * Applications/Codecs which we want to support in main

    * Applications/Codecs which we currently have in universe

    * Applications/Codecs we want to leave in multiverse

The meeting will start on Thursday at 1900 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting on
Freenode. Invited is everyone interested in having a shinier and nicer
support for Multimedia Packages in ubuntu!

See you there,
      your MOTUMedia Team

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Media