Eletronics simulations software

Aanjhan R aanjhan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 01:40:30 BST 2009

2009/10/25 Léo Magalhães <leomagalhaes2008 at gmail.com>:
> But I am looking for linux native, preferably free software alternatives.
> I've had a look in Qucs, and followed the simple voltage divider example in
> the Getting started help, but i couldn't get the simulation results. The
> simulation runs (no netlist errors), but i get the message "checker error,
> no actions defined: nothing to do" and the node i labeled to get the result
> doesn't show at the left tab in the diagram where it should be.

Did you add the DC Simulation block in the circuit? i.e after you put
down your voltage divider circuit you need to click on the
"components" tab on the left, choose "simulations" in the drop down
list and then drag and drop "dc simulation" box into the circuit
workspace. Now you have defined the action.

Things should work after this.

Regards,
Aanjhan