science package work for Hardy

Andrea Colangelo warp10 at libero.it
Tue Jan 15 21:33:22 GMT 2008

Hi all!

Jordan Mantha ha scritto:
> Thanks to William Grant (Fujitsu) we have a nice page that tracks the
> Ubuntu and Debian versions of science packages [0]. In particular, the
> "Outdated in Hardy (Sid version > Hardy version)" [1], "Outdated in
> Hardy (Sid version > Hardy version), and Hardy has local changes" [2],
> and "Not in Hardy" [3] sections are ones that we should be looking at.

I'm working on it. I requested some merges and syncs (mostly for "Not in
Hardy") today, and will request more later and in the next days. I am
not a MOTU indeed, so unfortunately my contributions needs an extra step
(sponsorship) to be approved.

There are also a number of packages where Hardy has local changes: I'll
try to figure out which of these changes are worth to be sent to Debian
and/or upstream, so that we can shorten our delta.

I have a question about "Not in Hardy" packages. I have seen that many
of them are in contrib and non-free. What's the proper way to sync them
in case they should go into restricted? And how can I find if a package
either needs to be in restricted or can join universe?

Thanks,
Andrea Colangelo