Packaging Something

do_not_reply_to_this_address at t-online.de do_not_reply_to_this_address at t-online.de
Fri Nov 25 13:41:38 UTC 2011

Hello,
I developed a software, which is itself licensed under GPL and requires
other software to run which is already part of Ubuntu. Currently it can
be installed in Ubuntu by following a rather cumbersome installation
instruction. It can be found here:

http://de.wikibooks.org/wiki/Benutzer:Dirk_Huenniger/wb2pdf/ubuntu

Now I would like to make a package from the software. Most requiered
software is packaged with Ubuntu. Some packages are installed by the
cabal package manager of the Haskell programming language. Furthermore a
selfmade truetype font is installed into the texlive installation.

So I think the first problem I got to solve it to split the problem to
proper subpackages and get specific information from the people
maintaining the Haskell part (called ghc libghc6 and so on) and support
from the texlive maintainers. Once I got these problems solved I can
package my own software.

Yours Dirk