Ubuntu development release and Finding something to work on.

Andrew Starr-Bochicchio a.starr.b at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 13:36:06 UTC 2011

2011/11/1 Jonathan Aquilina <eagles051387 at gmail.com>

> There will be no updates. I am not sure if the development branch has opened up yet for 12.04

There will be many updates. Precise is open for development.

> To upgrade there are no iso's at this stage.

Daily ISOs seem to be already rolling out. There's no guarantee that
they're installable though.  See:

http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/

If the precise image isn't working, install 11.10, apply all upgrades,
and then change all mentions of oneiric to precise in
/etc/apt/sources.list

> to upgrade to the development branch you need to do the following
>
> 1) install update-manager-core
> 2) sudo do-release-upgrade -d

This will not work until there has been an alpha release either.

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>
   Debian Maintainer
<http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=a.starr.b%40gmail.com>