Hello question about python 2.6 transition for packages using cdbs

Bhavani Shankar R bhavi at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 11 10:43:07 BST 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Dmitrijs Ledkovs <dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com
> wrote:

> On 11 June 2010 07:19, Bhavani Shankar R <bhavi at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 9:23 PM, Dmitrijs Ledkovs
> > <dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> <snip>
> >>
> >> Control & pyversions would be better =) or the whole branch the best ;-)
> >>
> >> Depends wether it's just a python package or compiled extension.
> >>
> >> Generally just a rebuild with bumped up pyversions =)
> >>

> Why are you building Dell support package? Aren't they suppose to do it?
>

> > Hello again!
> >
> > I followed your advice but it doesnt seem to work :(
> >

> I took current package firmware-tools_2.1.9-0ubuntu1 and it's
> absolutely correct and python2.6 ready.
>
> after you do "debuild", check debian/firmwaretools/
>
> Notice that the python modules are in the correct pyshared dir & that
> there are python-support private & public files.
>
> On my machine I have python2.6 installed, so after I have compiled &
> installed 2.1.9-0ubuntu1 everything was fine.
>

> > Attached is the control file for your reference
> >

> Thanks now I know what package you are working on, and was able to
> checkout latest available version from launchpad =)
>
> > Thanks in advance for your help!
> >

> Your welcome. The 2.1.9-0ubuntu1 is absolutely fine.

Thanks for your reply! I am working on that package from jaunty I think =)
Its my favourite package since m on a dell =) got confused because of
confusion between site-packages and dist-packages .. sorry for the trouble

Regards
--
Bhavani Shankar.R
https://launchpad.net/~bhavi, a proud ubuntu community  member.