Introduction and a couple of questions

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre mathieu.tl at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 23:43:50 GMT 2010

Benjamin,

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 6:19 PM, Benjamin Drung <bdrung at ubuntu.com> wrote:
[...]
> I use this one:
>
> lintian -IE --pedantic --color=auto <source package>*.changes

Thanks for bringing it up, I had forgotten that lintian could give
colored reports :)

To be entirely truthful, I also use --pedantic... I figured it was a
little misleading if starting out though - I thought there were some
things reported which one should probably not worry too much about,
and I am proved wrong.

For example:
P: colormath source: direct-changes-in-diff-but-no-patch-system LICENSE
P: colormath: no-upstream-changelog

I certainly can't say that either should never be fixed, but they're a
little tricky. In this particular case, LICENSE shouldn't be added in
the source, and it's a very valid issue. However, I find that
no-upstream-changelog is very frequent. The latter is probably not a
blocker for uploading, but both require upstream intervention more
than a change in the packaging itself.

Regards,

/ Matt