About debian source format 3 (quilt) and patch/unpatch logic

Umang Varma umang.me at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 06:17:35 BST 2010

On 08/18/2010 05:48 AM, Cosme Domínguez Díaz wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> If we should remove all patch/unpatch logic [1] (and quilt package of
> Build-depends) with debian source format 3 (quilt)... how whe should
> revert applied patches? manually?
Here's a nice explanation of how to work with quilt patches and the
stack of patches.

The thing you have to remember is that when you make changes and then
refresh, the last applied patch is the one that gets updated. (Even if
there are patches above it that haven't been applied).

http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/howto/quilt.html