idea for 10.04

Jonathan Aquilina eagles051387 at
Fri Sep 25 07:52:53 BST 2009

isnt the internet connection required thought to sync time with an ntp
server at somepoint during the installation.

i posted my idea here

i agree the dvd should have this as an option. question though is how much
space would be freed on the live cd if these programs werent included?

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 11:43 PM, Steven Susbauer <stupendoussteve at>wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2009, at 7:39 AM, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
>  the packages dont need to be included on the live cd since during the
>> installation process some network access is needed they could be downloaded
>> then.
> Network access is not needed during the install process. It could be used
> as a way to enable or disable this feature, but is never required.
> If space on disc were a problem, I would suggest adding it to the DVD as an
> advanced installation option. It would be nice if the assumption of the
> installer was not that you want it to function exactly like the livecd.

Jonathan Aquilina