Problem in creating chroot for karmic

David Sugar david.sugar at canonical.com
Wed Sep 2 21:47:20 BST 2009

I can confirm this indeed works.  I have used it (and I have also used
schroot with it) recently to build a karmic root.  I suspect he may
simply have caught the archive at a bad state.  He will want to add

run-setup-scripts=true
run-exec-scripts=true
type=directory

to the schroot.conf [karmic] section when he does use it to get the bind
mounts and some /etc stuff copied into the chroot.  If on a amd64 and
doing a 32 bit chroot, all that is needed is adding personality=linux32
to the [karmic] as well.  I think it is also good to add /dev to the
/etc/schroot/mount-defaults and maybe /etc/hostname to
/etc/schroot/copyfiles-defaults.