Hello team ... About ftbfs of freqtweak...

David Henningsson launchpad.web at epost.diwic.se
Sun Sep 20 08:17:49 BST 2009

Bhavani Shankar R skrev:
> Hi list again
>
> This time I m trying to build freqtweak and its ftbfs with gcc 4.4
>
> http://launchpadlibrarian.net/31358633/buildlog_ubun
> tu-karmic-i386.freqtweak_0.7.2-1ubuntu1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz
>
> Source available here...
>
> https://edge.launchpad.net/~bhavi/+archive/xoscope/+
> files/freqtweak_0.7.2.orig.tar.gz<https://edge.launchpad.net/%7Ebhavi/+archive/xoscope/+files/freqtweak_0.7.2.orig.tar.gz>
>
> Seems like offending file is FTUtils.cpp with a missing include file...

The culprit is:

In file included from FTutils.cpp:25:
FTutils.hpp:125: error: 'int32_t' does not name a type

A quick Google search for int32_t and it turns out it is declared in
stdint.h, so you should add the row

#include <stdint.h>

to FTutils.hpp, and/or send the bug upstream.

(GCC 4.4 has redesigned some of their header files, so if it compiled
with earlier GCC versions, it could be that one of the other include
files included stdint.h then, but it doesn't do that anymore.)

// David