Fwd: have a problem with xtrkcad

Terence Simpson kubuntu.tsimpson at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 2 18:28:34 BST 2009

Bhavani Shankar R wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I am trying to build a package called xtrkcad which uses cmake to
> build .. but i m unsure of the correct commands and flags and paths to
> make the package build with cmake
>
> Build log
>
> https://launchpad.net/~bhavi/+archive/my-collections/+build/1196138/+files/buildlog_ubuntu-karmic-i386.xtrkcad_1:4.0.3a-0ubuntu12_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz
> <https://launchpad.net/%7Ebhavi/+archive/my-collections/+build/1196138/+files/buildlog_ubuntu-karmic-i386.xtrkcad_1:4.0.3a-0ubuntu12_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz>
>
> Orig tarball file
>
> https://launchpad.net/~bhavi/+archive/my-collections/+files/xtrkcad_4.0.3a.orig.tar.gz
> <https://launchpad.net/%7Ebhavi/+archive/my-collections/+files/xtrkcad_4.0.3a.orig.tar.gz>
>
> I ll be grateful if somebody can help me out with this to figure out
> the problem
>
> Regards and thanks in advance..
>

> --
> Bhavani Shankar.R
> https://launchpad.net/~bhavi <https://launchpad.net/%7Ebhavi>, a proud
> ubuntu community  member.
> What matters in life is application of mind!,
> It makes great sense to have some common sense..!

The -D option is like the -D option to gcc, that is, no space after the
option.
cd app && cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/lib/xtrkcad . && make

Optionally you can use the cmake class with cdbs, then your rules file
would only need:
[start of rules]
include /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/cmake.mk
include /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk

DEB_CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX = /usr/lib/xtrkcad
[end of rules]

just make sure to build-depend on cdbs (>= 0.4.51)

--
Terence Simpson