A collection of dot-files to help with packaging

David Henningsson launchpad.web at epost.diwic.se
Fri Nov 6 23:38:11 GMT 2009

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre wrote:
> So, if you're interested in doing development work on Ubuntu, and want
> to quickly set up a base of config for quilt, pbuilder, mini-dinstall
> and all these other cool tools we use, please feel free to take a look
> [1] at my bazaar branch:
>
> bzr branch lp:~mathieu-tl/+junk/development-tools

I think this is a nice initiative. I think you should add a
configuration script that you can run and answer a few questions (such
as your name and email address) and then update both dpkg*, git and bzr.

Also, I have entries like these in my .dput.cf:

[karmic]
fqdn = ppa.launchpad.net
method = ftp
incoming = ~<user>/ubuntu/karmic
login = anonymous
allow_unsigned_uploads = 0

...for the recent Ubuntu releases, I find them practical.

> Note, I'm not a MOTU (though I am in the mentoring program and
> definitely planning to apply soon), so I'd be very interested to know
> if this is a bad idea, or if some of the settings in this branch are a
> Bad Idea(tm) :)

Having your own email address in the official version is probably a Bad
Idea ;-)

// David