A collection of dot-files to help with packaging

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre mathieu.tl at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 15:52:06 GMT 2009

Hi,

Are you new at packaging? Are you annoyed at the number of small
configuration files or variables you need to set on a newly installed
system?

I've put together a small bzr branch that holds a number of dot-files
intended to be useful to help create, modify, or build packages.

There's also a small script I put together to simplify retrieving from
a team's branch, to push to a personal branch for code review purposes
(See bin/pnb)

I've blogged about this in the past, but I guess now is the time to
annouce it -- sorry if this is off-topic or counter-productive.

So, if you're interested in doing development work on Ubuntu, and want
to quickly set up a base of config for quilt, pbuilder, mini-dinstall
and all these other cool tools we use, please feel free to take a look
[1] at my bazaar branch:

bzr branch lp:~mathieu-tl/+junk/development-tools

Note, I'm not a MOTU (though I am in the mentoring program and
definitely planning to apply soon), so I'd be very interested to know
if this is a bad idea, or if some of the settings in this branch are a
Bad Idea(tm) :)

/ Matt

[1] https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~mathieu-tl/+junk/development-tools