Question on copyright file

Luca Falavigna dktrkranz at
Thu May 21 07:52:37 BST 2009

Siegfried-Angel ha scritto:
> By the way, I recommend following the following (^^) format for your
> copyright file:

Use of this copyright format is controversial in Debian. While it could
easily parsed by computers, it does not provide other benefits and
introduces additional complexity to a delicate task.

In the end, there is no clear statement on what should be used and what
should be avoided (I maintain packages using both formats, and both
formats are accepted by ftp-masters), so this follows personal tastes.

 . ''`.      Luca Falavigna
 : :'  :  Ubuntu MOTU Developer
 `. `'`     Debian Maintainer
   `-      GPG Key: 0x86BC2A50