debian-changelog-file-is-a-symlink

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 03:57:41 GMT 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 03:52 +0000, dmitrij.ledkov at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello all
>
> You can grab my packaging from lp:~dmitrij.ledkov/libsword/dima or view it here [1]
>
> I get the lintian warnings on two packages diatheke and the libsword-dev,
>
> saying that the debian changelog file is a symlink to the one in the libsword7 package.
>
> Unfortunately I have failed to figure out what part of the rules is doing that !!!
>
> =(((((( man page for the dh_installchangelogs says it doesn't do any symlinks.
>
> This is work in progress. Don't be harsh =)
>
>  [1] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dmitrij.ledkov/libsword/dima/files/head%3A/bindings/

Actually this debian-changelog-file-is-a-symlink thing automatically
happens in the case of Ubuntu when one package depends directly upon
another, and both originate from the same source package. It's actually
safe to ignore this warning in the case of Ubuntu, since it's a feature
of Ubuntu's debhelper in order to save space on the install CD or
something like that.
--
Chow Loong Jin