Mentor Request

Andrew Gee andrew at andrewgee.org
Sun Feb 1 12:51:54 GMT 2009

Hi,

I'm Andrew Gee, with the nick of AndrewGee (unsurprisingly!) on Freenode.

I'm 17 years old and live in Christchurch (near Bournemouth), Dorset, UK.

I'm currently in the final year of my A Levels, hopefully heading to
university in September :) I have a good knowledge of Python and web
languages like PHP. I'm also wanting to learn C at some time. I'm
interested in desktop applications, as well as more technical programs.

I've been using Ubuntu since the Breezy days, when I finally decided to
see what all this Ubuntu fuss was about! And I started using Linux back
in 2002, when I saw a Mandrake Linux cover CD on magazine.

My first package has just been approved on REVU and is making it's way
into jaunty: http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/details.py?package=osm-gps-map

My launchpad page is: http://launchpad.net/~andrewgee
My wiki page is: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AndrewGee

I would appreciate the chance to have a mentor to guide me through the
packaging processes.

Thanks.
Andrew Gee