dh 7 DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sun Dec 20 02:34:34 GMT 2009

Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:

> Does dh 7 and the rest handle DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS?
>
> Specifically parallel=n option with autoconf projects.

I think DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS is used by dpkg-buildpackage, not by all the
debhelper scripts.  How would you expect them to make use of it?

Do you have a package build where the dh_* scripts themselves are taking
so long, and seem to be CPU-bound, that you need them to parallelize
their work?

I doubt dh_* scripts are going to be doing things in parallel
themselves, it is usually only when they call dpkg-buildpackage to do
the "real" build work than you'd really need/want paralellism to happen
anyway.

Note: This does not imply that I qualify as a "mentor" :)

Jonathan