Help

plumbedZero c plumbedzero.c at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 08:15:06 GMT 2008

If your File system on pen drive is NTFS then Ubuntu might not remove it
even after changing the permission until and unless the complete module of
NTFS file system is installed/loaded. So in that case use any disk
partitioning software and convert the file system to any other like FAT,
ext3 etc and format.After formatting bring the pendrive to your windows and
reformat to your desired filesystem.

PS: You will lose all your data doing this.

Regards
Plumbedzero
==========

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 12:15 AM, supravat paul <
supravatpaul_surya at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> I have a serious problem. I gave my "Pen drive " to a friend of mine, who
> is using Windows XP. His computer was effected with viruses. As a result my
> "Pen drive" becomes virus effected. I opened the Pen drive in Linux. I can
> see those virus effected files but I am unable to delete them. I tried to
> change their permissions, but it does not work saying an error that the
> files are read only. How should I delete them ?
> Some one please help me.

Regards
PlumbedZero.c