Help

Philip Herron herron.philip at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 13 07:51:06 GMT 2008

Hey

Intereasting, so when you mount your usb drive in ubuntu, go
to /media/pendrive and ls -la (-a means show all including hidden files
-l shows privalges). So you have to if you have read and write for root
at least?

Sometimes in ubuntu i prefer to go fully root like 'su -' if you set a
root password or if not 'sudo bash' should do the trick.

and you could do 'rm -rf *' (From within the pendrive)

If that doesnt work try 'chmod 777 R ../Pendrive'
and 'rm -rf *'

if that doesnt work, i would use gparted to reformat the device should
definetly do the trick

you could also before you format the device do 'fsck' to do a file
system check.

One last thing if ubuntu may have mounted the device as readonly so you
could unmount it and remount it with the correct options in /etc/fstab
is what i would do.

Anyways let us know how you get on!

-Phil
http://redbrain.co.uk