Questions: Merges, Intrepid pbuilder

Andrew a.starr.b at gmail.com
Tue May 6 05:23:52 BST 2008

Hi,

With the Intrepid archives open it's about time to start with the merge
process. I'm wondering what's the best way for a  new contributer to get
involved in the process? I understand that you should email the last
uploader of a package to make sure you are not duplicating work. I just
don't know the landscape of of who is working with what packages yet. I
don't want to spend a lot of time emailing different people (and being
told they're on it) as opposed actually working on merges.

I suppose my question would be, is there any organized way for a new
contributer to tell where they would be most helpful during the merge
process? If not, are there any MOTU Mentors out there with specific
packages of which they are the last uploaders that they'd rather not
deal with and would assign to me? Feel free to contact me off list.

Another question:

I'm trying to use the pbuilder-dist script to create pbuilders for
multiple distributions. Both Debian Sid and Ubuntu Intrepid are failing.

   I: Installing core packages...
   W: Failure trying to run: chroot /var/cache/pbuilder/build/22927/.
    dpkg --force-depends --install
var/cache/apt/archives/libc6_2.7-10_i386.deb
pbuilder: debootstrap failed
    -> Aborting with an error
    -> cleaning the build env
       -> removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//22927 and its
subdirectories

Any ideas? Is libc6 currently broken or is this an issue with pbuilder?
Should I just update my Hardy pbuilder, or is that just going to fail as
well?

And since I've already got your attention... I've uploaded a new package
to REVU. Any one willing to review it would receive my gratitude.

Package: file-browser-applet
Homepage: http://code.google.com/p/gnome-menu-file-browser-applet/
License: GPLv2
LP Bug: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/159765