Update a package

Cesare Tirabassi norsetto at ubuntu.com
Sun May 4 09:38:43 BST 2008

On Sunday 04 May 2008 08:30:59 Daniel Morales wrote:

> I'm looking for a 'update guide', about how to update a package that is
> in Ubuntu(where to send the debdiff, where to ask for revision, etc..).
> The package that i'm interested in update is at Universe, and i'm
> upstream of it :).

Its very simple actually. Assuming you have an updated package ready, with a
proper watch file and a get-orig-source target in rules, just open a bug
report requesting the update, attach your .diff.gz and subscribe
ubuntu-universe-sponsors. Add any relevant information that you feel
necessary and wait for comments from a sponsor.