Question about packaging a Java-Application(JAR)

Adna rim adnarim at lavabit.com
Sun Mar 23 11:50:02 GMT 2008

Hi,
I want to package a JAR-Application which doesn't need to be compiled or things like that. All which has to be done is copying the JAR to /usr/local/share/java and creating a symlink to it in /usr/local/bin . As dependencie we need a java-jre...
But I have a problem with how the rules has to look because dpkg-buildpackage always wants to execute some make and clean rules also if I have non specified in the rules file.

I tried it with such a rules file:

#!/usr/bin/make -f

binary-indep:
	dh_install -i
	dh_installchangelogs -i ChangeLog.txt
	dh_installdocs -i
	dh_installman -i
	dh_installmenu -i
	dh_compress -i
	dh_desktop -i
	dh_fixperms -i
	dh_installdeb -i
	dh_gencontrol -i
	dh_md5sums -i
	dh_builddeb -i

binary-arch:

PHONY: binary-indep binary-arch

But I'm always getting an error telling:

dpkg-buildpackage: set CPPFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set CFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CXXFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set FFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set LDFLAGS to default value: -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
dpkg-buildpackage: source package jap
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 00.09.019-0ubuntu1
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by adnarim <adnarim at pochta.ru>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386
 fakeroot debian/rules clean
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
dpkg-buildpackage: failure: fakeroot debian/rules clean gave error exit
status 2

Could someone tell me how to package such an application which runs fine without any compiling and so ?

greets