Request for a MOTU mentor

Cesare Tirabassi norsetto at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 7 09:25:07 BST 2008

On Monday 07 July 2008 09:45:42 nidujay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name's Dushara and I'm part of a group involved in an effort to bring
> Sinhala (language) support for Linux. I've been asked to be the Ubuntu
> maintainer.
>
> Currently we have the packages in the repository at
> http://sinhala.sourceforge.net/ubuntu/i386/hardy and I'd like to bring them
> to the main Ubuntu repo.
>
> I'm a novice at packaging and would appreciate the guidance of a mentor to
> bring my skills up to scratch.
>
> My launchpad page is https://launchpad.net/~nidujay
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dushara

Dear Dushara,

if your purpose is to bring one specific set of packages into the repo than
you don't need a mentor, just follow the upload process for REVU:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/NewPackages
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Packages/REVU

Once your packages are in the repo you will be able to maintain them through
sponsoring:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SponsorshipProcess

Cheers,

Cesare