a little help with a cdbs issue

Efrain Valles efrain at ubuntu.org.ve
Wed Jan 30 10:29:54 GMT 2008

I did and the unresolved deps remains...

the missing lib is inside the package of the other .so file

from what I learned...

        <\sh>de-pim compiles into different binary packages, one it's
        called kdepim-kresources, where the kabc_*.so sits and also the
        libscalix.so.0 lib

and:

        <\sh> the kabc_*.so is just a plugin so, and depends on
        libscalix*.so.0  lib in the very same binary package, just that
        libscalix*.so.0 is hiding in /usr/lib and the plugin one
        in /usr/lib/kde3/
        <\sh> I don't know of any other package depending on this
        libscalix*.so.0 lib so dh_shlibdeps should ignore it
        (-x<Packagename> or -Xkabc_*.so) or prepend LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
        it via -l<directory>

I can understand it up until know...

I would prefer the -lusr/lib switch

this was finally suggested:

        <\sh> isn't there a possibility to tell cdbs to just do it for
        this special package? like
        "DEB_SHLIBDEPS_ARGS_kdepim-kresource=-lusr/lib" or something?

        <sistpoty|work> \sh: and I guess it would be ...ARGS_... =
        -Lkdepim_whatever_binary_package_the_so_is
        -ldebian/path/to/shared/object/during/build

Thanks to the guys at #ubuntu-motu

I had to run to give a ubuntu talk at a university but after I got home
I got to read it and I understand partly where I am at with this build
situation.

Thank you all for your great support

--
Efrain Valles