a little help with a cdbs issue

Efrain Valles efrain at ubuntu.org.ve
Tue Jan 29 03:58:36 GMT 2008

Hello all, I am trying out the list for the first time... please go easy
on me.

        https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdepim/+bug/180141

I fixed this bug and I wanted to build test it and it fails to build.
please see:

        http://pastebin.ubuntu-nl.org/53933/

I had a little help from \sh in #ubuntu-motu

        <\sh> effie_jayx, bah it's cdbs black magic...I would say in
        debhelper syntax: dh_shlibdeps -- -xkdepim-kresources

        <\sh> ...as I said, you need to instruct dh_shlibdeps (which is
        a wrapper around dpkg-shlibdeps) to ignore the package itself.
        both libs are inside the same package, so something is going
        wrong there...-x<packagename> pushed towards dpkg-shlibdeps
        ignores this package...in debhelper mode it's just a
        dh_shlibdeps -- -x<packagenmae> and this problem should be
        resolved...

I don't seem to have cdbs nor debhelper knowledge to figure this one
out. I would appreciate any doc that could help me get the knowledge I
need to test build this bug. Fixing it  was easy. testing that it works
is a bit tricky.

Thanks for your support

--
Efrain Valles