package upgrade question (kipina 1.1 to kipina 2.2)

Efrain Valles efrain at ubuntu.org.ve
Mon Feb 4 22:01:26 GMT 2008

Dear all:

I am working on an update based on this bug,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kipina/+bug/95842

The package kipina is orphan in debian and therefore hasn't been updated
in a while. the bug in launchpad suggests an upgrade because version 1.0
is broken and it is not supported. I am updating from 1.1 to 2.2.

I have followed the upgrade package recipe carefully, I was able to
build the source package and I am getting the following error during the
building of the binary package.

        checking for GTK... yes
        checking for GCONF... configure: error: Package requirements
        (gconf-2.0) were not met:

        No package 'gconf-2.0' found

        Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if
        you

        Alternatively, you may set the environment variables
        GCONF_CFLAGS
        and GCONF_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

One suggestion was to add libgconf2-dev but I have read that apps should
not depend on dev libraries. It was only a wild guess

any suggestions will be apreciated

--
Efrain Valles
Ubuntu-ve LoCo Team Contact