Fwd: Re: Error building source package ttf-ubuntu-title: Binary change irrepresentable

Cesare Tirabassi norsetto at ubuntu.com
Sun Aug 10 18:25:57 BST 2008

Oh, I forgot to mention what most probably is the best fix, send it upstream
(https://launchpad.net/ubuntutitle) ;-)

Cesare

Subject: Re: Error building source package ttf-ubuntu-title: Binary change
irrepresentable
Date: Sunday 10 August 2008
From: Cesare Tirabassi <norsetto at ubuntu.com>
To: ubuntu-motu-mentors at lists.ubuntu.com

On Sunday 10 August 2008 18:27:10 Efrain wrote:
> Dear all:
>
> I have made some modifications to the ttf-ubuntu-title package (added
> new gliphs). I wanted to generate a new source package. obviously the
> binary file (.ttf has changed). and the building process fails claiming
> that the changes made to that file are irreprensentable which makes
> sence.
>
> What is the best way to reflect the changes in this situation?

I would say that you should make your changes as a patch to the "preferred
form of modification", in this case the Ubuntu-Title.sfd file, and
re-generate the ttf during build using fontforge.
Other possibilities could be to uuencode your binary patch and apply it during
build (uudecoding it and using patch --binary) or repack the tarball (that
would be fine for personal use only though).