Introduction

Cesare Tirabassi norsetto at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 4 08:10:59 BST 2008

On Thursday 03 April 2008 20:01:55 Hanno Stock wrote:

> I'm quite good at learning about tools and procedures myself, but I'd
> like to become more involved in packaging / fixing bugs and could use
> some guidance on finding tasks matching my current skill level. ;)

Way to go Hanno!
Here some links to resources that should help you in this:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=bitesize
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/TODO
http://daniel.holba.ch/really-fix-it/

Its usually better to focus on few packages which you know well (perhaps
because you are using them yourself, or you worked on them in the past).
Beside browsing for bugs on these packages, you can also set yourself as a bug
contact for them and you will be automatically notified by bugmail whenever a
new bug report is entered in Launchpad.
Another possibility is to check the latest entered bug reports, but I would
suggest to limit yourself to packages which are in Universe since it might be
easier to find a sponsor.
Last but not least, we will enter into the Intrepid development soon, so there
will be a need for syncs/merges and most probably some SRUs and backports,
see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU under MOTU Processes and
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuBackports under How to Help.

Cesare