new contributor needs a hand

Stefan Potyra sistpoty at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 9 21:01:47 BST 2007

Hi Mark,

Am Dienstag 09 Oktober 2007 00:52:32 schrieb Mark Foster:
> I'm trying to join as a contributor. I've got my GPG keys setup and have
> used the dput revu facility to upload my xca package.

Seems you used the wrong key to sign the .changes file (or didn't send this
one yet to a keyserver *and* register it on LP), see below.

> mdf-laptop:~/proj/xca> dput revu xca_0.6.3-1_source.changes
> Checking Signature on .changes
> gpg: Signature made Thu 04 Oct 2007 12:29:51 PM PDT using DSA key ID
> E0753E06 gpg: Good signature from "Mark Foster (2007-Oct-2009 GPG key)
   ^^
> <mark at foster.cc>" Good signature on
> /home/mdf/proj/xca/xca_0.6.3-1_source.changes.
> Checking Signature on .dsc
> gpg: Signature made Thu 04 Oct 2007 12:29:48 PM PDT using DSA key ID
> E0753E06 gpg: Good signature from "Mark Foster (2007-Oct-2009 GPG key)
> <mark at foster.cc>" Good signature on /home/mdf/proj/xca/xca_0.6.3-1.dsc.
> Uploading to revu (via ftp to revu.tauware.de):
>   xca_0.6.3-1.dsc: done.
>   xca_0.6.3-1.tar.gz: done.
>   xca_0.6.3-1_source.changes: done.
> Successfully uploaded packages.
> Not running dinstall.

trying on sparky:
[..]
gpg: Signature made Thu Oct  4 21:29:51 2007 CEST using DSA key ID E0753E06
sistpoty at sparky:/srv/uploads/rejected$ gpg --search-keys 0xE0753E06
[..]
gpg: searching for "0xE0753E06" from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
gpg: key "0xE0753E06" not found on keyserver

Also the key registered in LP is (only) ECA811FB, so REVU will use only this
key when checking the signature of a package.

> I cannot login to the REVU website. When I used the recover feature @
> http://revu.tauware.de/lostpw.py?email=mark@foster.cc it claims my
> account does not exist.

REVU will create only an account for you, after you successfully uploaded a
package. Since with that login you'll only be able to comment to your own
uploads, it wouldn't make much sense to have one without having a package
uploaded ;).

> Also searching for the xca package on launchpad.net under Feisty does
> not show any match on xca.

If you only uploaded it to REVU, it won't show up on launchpad, since both
services aren't connected (apart from the fact, that REVU retrieves the keys
of any members of the ubuntu-universe-contributors of launchpad for checking
the signature of uploads). Of course it would show up if it were reviewed and
uploaded, but ...

> Is this due to the freeze for Gutsy or perhaps someone needs to sync my
> key into REVU?

Since the feisty was already released, you cannot get a package into it any
longer. However as you wrote, gutsy is also already in new packages freeze,
so new packages for gutsy are only allowed with rare exceptions, see [1].

Side note: I just noticed that your upload to REVU was a native source
package. Was this intended?

I've removed the stale upload from the queue, so you can just upload a new
source package signed with the right key. If you intend to use E0753E06 as
your key for signing your packages, you'll need to 1) send this to a
keyserver, 2) register it on launchpad and 3) wait until REVU's keyring picks
it up (not too sure if this is done as a cronjob right now, but once you've
done 1 and 2, just send me a mail or ask around on #ubuntu-motu on freenode
so that someone resyncs the keyring).

Cheers,
    Stefan.