Change in the Mentoring program

Cesare Tirabassi norsetto at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 25 17:48:00 GMT 2007

On Sunday 25 November 2007 16:12:28 Scott Kitterman wrote:

> That doesn't really answer my questions:

Right now, the purpose of mentoring is not solely that of preparing MOTUs, one
of the very reasons to make the distinction clear in dividing it into two
phases.
If anything, most of mentoring is actually done as a one-on-one tutoring for
totally new contributors; if we were to split the program in two stages right
now, my own estimation is that not many contributors will fall in stage 2.

We have one proposal from Emmet, do we have any other proposals?
Do you think we should restrict mentoring to "stage 1" only?
Do you think we should steer the program to be a pure one-on-one preparatory
program for MOTUship?
Do you think we should dispense from mentoring altogether?

And ultimately, what do you think we should do to increase the number of new
contributors that actively participate and integrate within the Ubuntu
community?

Cesare