MOTU Precedures Change

Cesare Tirabassi norsetto at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 11 21:45:15 GMT 2007

At the last MOTU meeting [1] we have discuseed and agreed some procedure
changes that I believe are of interests to many contributors. In particular:

1) SRU Process Change

The Universe SRU process is updated to require a TEST case in the description,
as was recently done for Main.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates has been updated to reflect this
decision.

2) REVU Reviewing Guidelines

A set of Reviewing Guidelines for REVU has been agreed.
A draft can currently be found here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Meetings/2007-11-05/REVURequirements

3) New Package Reviewing Process

The review of New Packages shall take place only through REVU.

4) Review of New Upstream Versions

The exclusive use of interdiff as an input for requests for new upstream
versions has been agreed.
Instructions for the use of interdiff for reviews will be published soon
to the wiki and to mailing lists, and related process documentation will be
updated.

Let me remind you that MOTU meetings are open to MOTU and contributors alike
and it is a good way for new contributors to partecipate to the work of the
community.

Cesare

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/2007-November/002688.html