Reserving a package to work on it

Miguel Ruiz mruiz at ubuntu.com
Sat Jun 2 12:36:13 BST 2007

Hi Arthur

> About DaD, I'm not sure to understand, there already are comments, which
> can be used to "lock" the package, for example you can put as comment
> "miguel on it" ans then, normally, nobody else should work on it.

Yes, I do. But mi final question is: everyone (MOTU world) _must_ use DaD?

Then, the plan is:
- Ask with the previous uploader about the possibility to work.
- If the result is positive, include a comment in DaD and start to work.
Else, look for other package ;-)

> MOTU usually upload directly without using LP, but MOTU hopefuls have to
> file a bug on LP once the merge ready, with the debdiff attached, so
> your idea would be to file a bug before, and attach the debdiff later ?
> With comments I'm note quite sure this is still necessary ;)

Finally understood how works the process! Thanks for your time.

> Have a nice day,

You too!

Greetings!

--