Brasero MOTU/Recipe problem

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 11 10:17:48 BST 2007

Hey Rick,

please keep the thread on the mailing list. You might not be the only
one who has that question.

Am Dienstag, den 10.07.2007, 15:58 -0400 schrieb Rick Hodgin:
> > to get started, I'd suggest reading and playing with the howtos on
> > http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Recipes - once you're a bit familiar with
> > the basic tools....
>
> Daniel, I've been going through the brasero example.  I'm not sure what
> step I've done wrong, but this is the error I'm getting during the
> "debuild -S -sa" operation.  First this:
>
> -----[ Begin ]-----
> Now running lintian...
> W: brasero source: changelog-should-mention-nmu
> W: brasero source: source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number
> 0.5.90-0ubuntu1
> Finished running lintian.
> -----[ End ]-----

This is completely fine. These are warnings that you can safely ignore.
It's a warning that has an effect in Debian, where there are NMUs
(Non-Maintainer Uploads) - we don't have the big maintainer lock in
Ubuntu - every packages is handled by the whole team.

Maybe you can add a note about this on the wiki?

> And second this:
>
> -----[ Begin ]-----
> Now signing changes and any dsc files...
> signfile brasero_0.5.90-0ubuntu1.dsc rick <rick at rick-desktop>
> gpg: skipped "rick <rick at rick-desktop>": secret key not available
> gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: secret key not available
> debsign: gpg error occurred!  Aborting....
> debuild: fatal error at line 1155:
> running debsign failed
>
> I have setup my GPG key as best I know how.  I uploaded the fingerprint
> to launchpad.net.  I received the email and followed the link to
> confirm.  I may be missing something, but have no idea what.  Or, how to
> remedy it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Try setting DEBEMAIL and DEBFULLNAME as explained in the wiki and change
the debian/changelog entry accordingly.

Hope that helps, have a nice day,
 Daniel