Refining MOTU Mentoring

Nicolas Robin nicolas.robin06 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 11:57:09 BST 2007

Hi there,
I'll try to expose my point of view, as a totally new contributor.

In France, there is a channel #ubuntu-fr-classroom. On this channel, some
french MOTUs and core-devs help themselves and help people who want to get
involved in te community, like me. They answer my questions, they review my
packages. You will agree with me if I say that the most important thing for
a developer is experience. With this channel, I know that I can get
experience, helped by MOTUs and core-devs.

Maybe this Idea should be applied for an official classroom channel,
specially designed for new contributors to be helped by MOTUs ? It is the
best way to progress, to be in touch with many MOTUs and to be free to ask
all the questions you want.

I really think that the french model is a good one, and should be applied
internationnaly (see the activity of the french MOTU community !)

Thank You.