Introduction...

Cesare Tirabassi norsetto at alice.it
Thu Aug 2 20:50:00 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 18:30 +0200, Saša Bodiroža wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a 21 years old CS student at University of Belgrade, currently at
> second year.

On behalf of the Mentoring Reception and I'm sure of all our fellow
contributors and mentors alike, welcome to the list Saša!

> I would like if I could get a mentor to help me here and there with
> the packages and patches.
>
> Best regards,
> Saša Bodiroža

Please have a careful look at this page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Mentoring

about what a Mentor will help you with.

While we seek a suitable mentor for you, I can advise you to:

browse through these pages:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/TODO
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Documentation

read the Packaging Guide
(https://help.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/packagingguide/C/index.html) and try to
repeat some of the examples.

check out these pages too:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Recipes
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/ReferencePackages

Cheers,

Cesare
Mentoring Reception

I was thinking of 'duh?' in the sense of 'a sentence containing several
words more than three letters long, and possibly requiring general
knowledge or a sense of history that extends past last Tuesday, has been
used in my presense.' (alt.fan.pratchett)