[ubuntu-mono] se eyes of hers, that nose and

Giancaspro semination at fordpark.com
Sat Aug 29 19:11:26 BST 2009

 went off alone in that storm to find fringed gentians. The branches
were crashing down in the wind, and one girl had seen a tramp out on
that lonely road. You said you could take care of yourself, but we
worried." "Oh, that was different," exclaimed Berta. "I am perfectly
capable of judging for myself. But Bea is such a scatterbrain that I
can't help feeling"--she hesitated, then added as if to herself, "There
isn't any sense in feeling responsible. She is old enough----" "I can't
hear when you mumble," called Robbie. "Bea is an awful idiot," replied
Berta in a louder key. "Did you catch that valuable bit of information,
Robbie Belle?" "It sounds," spoke Robbie with unexpected astuteness, "as
if you are really worrying after all." "Does it?" groaned Berta; "well,
then I am an idiot too." She sternly refused to look anxious even when
the dressing-gong found the wanderer still absent in the rain. At six
Berta started for the dining-room, leaving Robbie hovering at Bea's open
door with a supply of hot water, rough towels, dry stockings, and
spirits of camphor. In the leaden twilight of the lower corridor a
draggled figure passed with a sodden drip of heavy skirts and the dull
squashing of water in soaked shoes. "Where are the apple-blossoms?"
asked Berta in polite greeting as they met at the elevator. "I've
b-b-b-been studying b-b-b-bobolinks," Bea's teeth chattered. "It's
original to follow birds in the rain." "But"--Berta's eyes snapped, "I
myself when I did it I wore a gym suit and a mackintosh and rubber
boots. Of all the idiots!" "'O wad some power the giftie gie us,'"
chanted Bea's tongue between clicks, "'To see oursels as ithers see us,
It wad fra mony a blunder free us, And foolish notion.'" Then as Berta
took a threatening step in her direction, she broke into a run. "I think
I'll take some exercise now," she called back mockingly as she fled up
the stairs. At midnight Berta was roused wide awake by an insistent
rapping on the wall between her room and Bea's. Startled at last wide
awake, she asked what was the trouble. Upon receiving no audible r