continous rsync timeout errors

Mitry Matyushkov ftp at mgts.by
Tue May 3 18:50:06 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 5/3/2011 1:54 PM, GUEANT, VIVIEN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have also a lot of errors with "archive.ubuntu.com" for our mirror
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+mirror/bouyguestelecom.ubuntu.lafibre.info-archive
> <https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+mirror/bouyguestelecom.ubuntu.lafibre.info-archive>
>
> We use Ubuntu scripts (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Mirrors/Scripts) and when
> the first stage faild with this error, the second stage is not executed.
>
> 29-Apr-2011 14:54
>
> rsync error: received SIGINT, SIGTERM, or SIGHUP (code 20) at
> rsync.c(541) [generator=3.0.7]
>
> rsync error: received SIGINT, SIGTERM, or SIGHUP (code 20) at
> rsync.c(541) [receiver=3.0.7]
>
> 30-Apr-2011 02:26
>
> file has vanished: "/indices/.override.jaunty.extra.universe.m4qOEg" (in
> ubuntu)

This should not be considered as error when rsyncing from
archive.ubuntu.com since your update is not in sync with master mirror
update. The best way to stop getting this kind of errors is to setup
push triggered mirroring from one of the mirrors in push chain.

> rsync: opendir "/pool/main/libg/libgnomekbd/..~tmp~" (in ubuntu) failed:
> Permission denied (13)

To eliminate this one just add '--exclude .~tmp~/' to rsync command
line. Another approach is to use ftpsync scripts set from debian
mirroring system.

Regards,
Mitry