debmirror does not download .deb packages?

Fernan Aguero fernan.aguero at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 23:39:45 BST 2007

Hi again,

I'm setting up debmirror to partially mirror an ubuntu archive
(feisty, i386 only).

Following
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Debmirror

I've crafted a script to run debmirror, that kind of works, downloads
all lists of
packages, creates the directory structure of the mirror, but does not download
any .deb file (no pool directory is created).

All the guides I've found do not mention anything about this, as if
this would work out of the box for everyone ... ???

This is the output from running debmirror a second time (first time
downloads ~ 36 MB of  Release, Release.gpg, Packages, Packages.bz2,
Packages.gz, etc). Second time just rechecks that everything is in
sync but does not fetch any .deb package:

Mirroring to /mirror/ubuntu from
ftp://anonymous@ar.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu//^M
Arches: i386^M
Dists: feisty,feisty-updates,feisty-security,feisty-backports,feisty-proposed^M
Sections: main,universe,multiverse,restricted^M
Will clean up AFTER mirroring.^M
Pdiff mode: use.^M
Attempting to get lock, this might take 2 minutes before it fails.^M
Get Release files.^M
[0%] Keeping: dists/feisty/Release^M
[0%] Keeping: dists/feisty/Release.gpg^M
[0%] Keeping: dists/feisty-updates/Release^M
[0%] Keeping: dists/feisty-updates/Release.gpg^M
[0%] Keeping: dists/feisty-security/Release^M
[0%] Keeping: dists/feisty-security/Release.gpg^M
[0%] Keeping: dists/feisty-backports/Release^M
[0%] Keeping: dists/feisty-backports/Release.gpg^M
[0%] Keeping: dists/feisty-proposed/Release^M
[0%] Keeping: dists/feisty-proposed/Release.gpg^M
Get Packages and Sources files and other miscellany.^M
Parse Packages and Sources files and add to the file list everything therein.^M
Download all files that we need to get (36 MiB).^M
Downloaded 36 MiB in 13s at 2810.5 kiB/s^M
Everything OK. Moving meta files.^M
Cleanup mirror.^M
All done.

Am I missing something?

I've tried FTP, HTTP and rsync, mirroring from different hosts and
from different
boxes (FreeBSD, Ubuntu) to no avail.

Thanks again for any pointer,

Fernan