Grahame Bowland grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Sat Oct 29 06:04:34 CDT 2005

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 11:33:09AM -0600, Debbie Mazurek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am still rsyncing from rsync://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu, and I am
> getting a very slow transfer rate.
>
> I have been looking through the website to find an alternative server to
> rsync from, and haven't seen one.  Can anyone suggest one that might be
> faster than 20kB/s?  We are on CA*net and can often get over 100MB/sec
> from other universities/research institutions.

Hi Debbie

Try rsyncing from rsync://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu - it's hosted
at The University of Western Australia and we're connected to the net
via AARNET which peers with many international research networks.

You ought to be able to sync from it pretty quickly.

Cheers
Grahame

Grahame Bowland                       Email: grahame.bowland at uwa.edu.au
University Communications Services    Phone: +61 8 6488 1175
The University of Western Australia     Fax: +61 8 6488 1109
                                     CRICOS: 00126G