Mirror preparations of the Ubuntu 10.04 LTS release

Jonathan Davies jonathan.davies at canonical.com
Mon Apr 26 20:12:27 BST 2010

Hello,

As you are no doubt aware, the next release of Ubuntu is nearly upon us.
Lucid Lynx, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, is expected to release on Thursday of this
week.

As we prepare for the release, we would greatly appreciate it if you
could do the following:

1) If you have not already done so, please register your mirror at
   https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+newmirror

2) Make sure that you are syncing all of "releases".  At this point,
   you should have an 10.04 directory, with ubuntu-10.04-rc-* files in
   it.

3) Please schedule your rsync of "releases" no less frequently than
   every two (2) hours.  Most of the time, there will be nothing to
   fetch, so there shouldn't be any issues with it being that frequent.
   When new ISOs become available, you'll get them that much faster.

4) If you happen to be syncing directly from rsync.releases.ubuntu.com,
   you may find that there is a mirror that is closer to you that you
   want to use instead, thereby avoiding the congestion that seems to
   always happen as we approach release day.
   Please see https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+cdmirrors

If you need any assistance, please talk to mirrors at ubuntu.com, or you
may find faster answers by visiting the #ubuntu-mirrors channel on
Freenode.

Thank you all for mirroring Ubuntu,
--
Jonathan Davies