[ubuntu-marketing] Ubuntu for School

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 06:03:52 BST 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 21:47 -0700, Paul Bartell wrote:
> Making ubuntu systems truly manageable centrally takes some work.
> Windows server allows quite a bit of easy central configuration that
> takes a lot more work to implement in a linux OS.

Isn't part of this problem the fact that systems admins tend to
implement solutions only for their networks and don't release packages
or scripts in easy to use fashions? Or that they're not getting involved
in the development so the packages for say LDAP never get any easier to
use even after 5 ubuntu releases?

I've been setting up an LDAP/Kerberos setup for community centers for
ages, and it's so hard that me, a programmer, has not successfully set
it up yet. If I can't set it up, then I can't help program scripts and
helper programs to let others follow me.

Martin,