[ubuntu-marketing] Creating Viral Videos - Who's interested?

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Wed Feb 3 18:36:13 GMT 2010

Mike Feravolo wrote:
> Hello:
>
> For those of you that are thinking about making a "Viral Video" for
> Ubuntu should consider a few things:
>
> 1) Most Windows Users just it because it is already on the computer when
> they buy it a some major retailer.
>
> 2) In order for a video to become viral and effective it has to be
> "fun", and still deliver the message to the target audience.
>
> 3) If you target "Linux Users" you are wasting your time, because
> everyone in the Linux community already knows about Ubuntu and they are
> already Linux users.
>
> 4) Develop a solid marketing plan and state your objectives before you
> start production, otherwise you aren't going to know how to measure your
> success.
>
> I wish you all luck an would like to see what comes out of your effort.

+1

In fact when making the target to be an average Windows user who is
just confident enough to install programs, I would seriously consider
not even mentioning 'GNU/Linux' at all!

Just say Ubuntu is a great system! And it does not get viruses. Great
support community forums! Thousands of apps! It is fantasy land come true.

In fact that might be a viral idea:

Make a humorous fantasy advert for a computer system, so good it
cannot be true.
(But in fact it is true it is Ubuntu!)

--
alan cocks