[ubuntu-marketing] Request for input for Jaunty Beta technical overview

Craig Huffstetler craig.huffstetler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 21:30:07 GMT 2009

Steve Langasek wrote:
> The beta of Jaunty Jackalope is nearly upon us, scheduled to go out this
>>> Thursday, March 26.  That makes this a good time to provide some input to
>>> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JauntyJackalope/TechnicalOverview>, and help tell
>>> our users what's so great about this beta!  What's cool about Ubuntu 9.04
>>> that's not mentioned yet on this page?
A user brought up a good point in the Launchpad Answers forum
<https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero/+question/65577>
concerning Brasero and its mention on the Jaunty Beta page
<http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/jaunty/beta>, which I am assuming was
derived from the Wiki mentioned above.

Brasero is indeed not new, as my answer indicated, and really does
"read" as such. We should probably just state the new feature or
indicate the major bug fixes.

Also, I do not think Brasero should be at the top of the list after
"Gnome 2.26" with the large screen shot. A lot of the other features are
more notable.

Sincerely,

Craig Huffstetler