[ubuntu-marketing] Hopeful News for a 2009 Advertising Campaign

Martin Meredith mez at ubuntu.com
Sat Jan 10 23:14:10 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 09:23:21PM +0000, Ronnie Tucker wrote:
> OK, here's a 'beta2' of the WhyUbuntu comparison video I was working on.
> Completely remade in Sony Vegas (thanks for the tip Jacob!) clocks in at
> 50 secs, and using a bit more pizazz this time. This is much closer to
> my original idea...
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1743546330285506201&hl=en
>
> It still needs some music, had a quick look on Jamendo.com - but it'd
> take me forever to wade through the site, any suggestions? Any of you
> good folks got some suitable music on a favourites list??
>
> All comments welcome.

I thought it was great.

And I actually laughed out loud at the "and the most important bit" part. Though
I agree with Matthew, not everyone will get it.

If you want, you can send me a copy of the hi quality vid (mez at whyubuntu.com)
and I can convert it to flv so that we have a high quality version (I hope to be
doing this with some of the vids anyway, so that we can use flowplayer or
similar)