[ubuntu-marketing] ubuntu-marketing Digest, Vol 45, Issue 1

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 19:54:31 BST 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 19:27 +0100, Ronnie Tucker wrote:
> Also I can't dedicate any more time to the project, it already takes
> up several weekends each month, every month, so I can't really alter
> my work-flow too much...

Sounds like your going to have to if you want it to take up less time.

For instance, I'm dead set against the wiki being used as a database
like this. It's not meant for collaborative writing and is the wrong
tool for the job. Even a google doc spreadsheet would be more structured
as you could export it.

Get together some scripts to generate svg xml based on your data, then
you a hop away from just re-editing it in place instead of copying and
pasting.

Your also on track to be able to feed it into html.

Ultimately what you want is a way for all your writers and collaborators
to contribute and for there to be a very minimal set of editing tasks
that join everything together.

Last thing we want is one bloke doing all the work manually and getting
the right tools together is just as much about saving your future time.

Martin,