[ubuntu-marketing] ubuntu-marketing Digest, Vol 45, Issue 1

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 18:17:26 BST 2009

Hey Ronnie,

On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 16:46 +0100, Ronnie Tucker wrote:
> I've tried several times to find people to maintain an HTML version of
> FCM but no-one wants to take it on. It'd be quite a job, there's no
> doubt about that.
>
> The PDF should work on older machines, try making it full screen or
> make sure that your PDF viewer is only displaying one page at a time
> and not scrolling down through all 30+ pages and creating thumbnails.
>
> If anyone would like to take on creating an HTML version, drop me an
> email and we can discuss it, but please make sure you can do it *each
> and every month*, not just one or two issues then vanish.

Perhaps what you need is a systematic solution, instead of a brace such
as proposed.

If the work-flow of your writing generated a set of header / text body
sections, then a script could do the work of generating html and pdf
bodies based on templates. You'd then just need some editorial time to
put in the images.

I think the best solutions are going to be ones that involve the
workflow improving, speeding up and becoming more structured, so html
can be a natural output, instead of an add on extra.

Just my two sense thoughts.

Martin,