[ubuntu-marketing] Clear new leadership

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed Jun 11 23:50:56 BST 2008

On 12/06/08 06:11, John Vilsack wrote:
> After watching the past few weeks of activity, I drafted my own
> recommendation which calls for a core-marketing team to form with subgroups
> forming to allow for greater focus and drive for the most important aspects
> of the group.

You cannot expect to publish a document of that size less than 24 hours
before a meeting and expect to have it adopted.

The document was not included as a discussion topic in the Agenda - and
before you ask, the Agenda is a wiki page that can be modified by any
member of the general public.

Furthermore, you had the opportunity to raise the issue at the end of
the meeting when, as chair of the meeting, I asked if there were any
other issues to be raised.

As to the specifics of the document, I'll respond to one single point
and leave it to others to add their own comment.

Your proposal calls for the following roles:

    # Executive Director
    # Communications Director
    # The Repository Director
    # Local Communities Director
    # LoCo Envoy
    # Philosophy Director
    # Canonical Envoy
    # Art and Media Director
    # Development Director
    # The Media Director

There are other roles buried in the text.

Just in case you were actually seriously proposing this list of roles,
there were 17 people who actively spoke in the meeting, three of which
were bots. I suspect that you will find out very quickly that you will
have a team full of directors an no-one left to lead.

Kind regards,

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S31°54'06" - E115°50'39" (Yokine, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..