[ubuntu-marketing] [Fwd: Legal entity - part 2.]

John Botscharow info at jbotscharow.com
Sat Jun 7 11:42:55 BST 2008

This is VERY interesting indeed. Any LoCo that does this would be able
to make official proposals to organizations like Becta, I am pretty
sure. A LoCo that did this would be a VERY valuable marketing partner
for getting Ubuntu into schools and government offices, maybe even
corporations. Wouldn't that just ruffle old Bill Gates's feathers!!! LOL
I sure hope the UK LoCo gives this some serious thought. Hint Hint :-)
As well as every LoCo in the US!

Once we get ourselves organized, maybe we should set up a committee to
work on how we can help the LoCos who decide to become legal entities do
some serious B2B marketing. And to encourage as many LoCos to take this
step. Help them do the necessary research; point out the benefits; and
help them set up a marketing plan.

This is what we should be doing for the LoCos. Whoever becomes the LoCo
liason really should get in touch with the Danish team and see what we
can do to help them as well as learn the process of becoming a legal
entity. Yes, it will be somewhat different in each country, but working
with the Danish team to see what they are doing will give us a framework
to start from.