[ubuntu-marketing] Organizational meeting proposed (Mike Feravolo)

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Jun 3 08:46:29 BST 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 18:31 +0200, Simon Schneebeli wrote:
> It looks like 8pm CMT this Saturday is a moment that suits well for

It's probably better to quote times in UTC, as most other teams do. It
makes it a lot easier for people to translate because most people know
their timezone relative to UTC.

> May I ask two questions:
> - Is there any (even inofficial) structure within the marketing
> "community". I'd say that before electing anyone it would be a good idea
> to have a clear idea of a structure.

I don't believe there is, no.

> - Is there an official "liaison" person who links to Canonical? (Or a
> Canonical person who links to this "marketing community".

Kat Kinnie and Gerry Carr work in Marketing at Canonical. I have found
them to be very helpful when I've made requests in the past.

> - Does anyone have any document about the Canonical Marketing strategy.
> I mean something that says a bit more than just "they're sending out CD".

Don't forget that Canonical is a privately held limited company. Lets
not set our expectations too high for what we as a community will get
from them in the form of internal company strategies.

We can of course ask one of the marketing people from Canonical to
attend the next marketing team meeting, and ask them questions.

Cheers,
Al.